The Western North Carolina Real Estate Market for Buyers
Today in Western North Carolina, the real estate market is definitely a buyer’s market! But we recommend that you remain realistic. You probably won’t get a $500,000 house for $100,000. Having said that, there is no doubt that prices are a good 20% lower than they were just a few years ago.
- Use your realtor! We are trained professionals who are familiar with the market. We can help you make a good offer to a seller. We’re also knowledgeable about the various financing and down-payment assistance programs available to buyers.
- Get prequalified. Make an appointment with the mortgage loan officer at your bank. Knowing how much you qualify for in a mortgage is essential to looking only at properties you can afford. Your realtor can make the search much more productive if he or she knows your price range.
- Ask for a CMA. When you find your home ask your broker for a CMA, a Comparative Market Analysis. A CMA will ensure that your offer is fair and will be well received. This is your best indication of whether the home is properly priced or not.
- For the first-time buyer: Buying your first home is a special delight. Remember, though, that your first home may not be your “forever” home. Buying your first home can be an overwhelming and scary ordeal. Use your realtor. We will guide you through the entire process of buying a home.
- Enjoy the journey! Not every house is going to be the best one for you. However, seeing several properties will help you define what you’re willing to give up and what are absolute “must haves”. You will find that perfect home!